Last month chef Robert Danhi, James Beard nominated author of South East Asian Flavors, gave us a tour of Little Saigon's super-market and restaurant scene. Now, it's everybody's turn to soak up the chef's wisdom as he rolls out a series of tours that explore regional Vietnamese eats in Westminster. Saturday's four-hour tour will look at Northern Vietnamese cuisine, followed by central Vietnam in October, and southern 'Nam in November. Tours are $75 each and include a signed copy of Danhi's book. The schedule, the eating plan, and reservation information are below.
Little Saigon Culinary Tours with James Beard nominated author, Chef Robert Danhi
Northern Vietnamese Cuisine- Saturday, September 19
Central Cuisine- Saturday, October 17
Southern Cuisine- Saturday, November 21
10am-2pm in Westminster
Some Things You Will Get To Taste
• Fresh Sugar Cane Juice - Nuoc Mia
• Ice Vietnamese Coffee - Café Sua Da
• Crispy Baguette Sandwich with Grilled Pork, Pâté, Pickled Veggies and Cilantro - Banh Mi Thit Nuong
• Sweet Potato and Shrimp Fritters - Banh Tom Co Ngu
• Soy Glazed Shaking Beef Salad with Pickled Red Onions - Bo Luc Lac
• Hanoi Style Spring Rolls - Nem Ran Cua Be
• Grilled Pork Patties with Rice Vermicelli, Pickled Green Papaya and Perilla - Bun Cha Hanoi
• Vietnamese Style Yogurt - Sua Chua
Cost: $75, includes Tour, Food, Beverage and a signed copy of Southeast Asian Flavors
Come on all three adventures for $175. Limited to the first 20 people who sign up.
Contact Esther at email@example.com or 310.648.7970 to sign up.