The only labor we believe in this coming Monday is lifting a fork to our lips, and a few restaurants are offering special menus and events for everyone left behind for the long weekend. Have a look at what we've found. We hope you enjoy your weekend, Grub Street will be back on Tuesday morning.
• Katana: This Sunday is the last Red Sun BBQ, with a special menu, five-dollar cocktails, and a DJ on the patio overlooking Sunset Blvd. 5:30-11:30 p.m.
• L.A. County Fair: Tickets are discounted to only $1 from 10 a.m.- 1 p.m. this weekend through Labor Day.
• Rush Street: Adding to the summertime heat, Culver City's Rush Street will have a Cajun menu from Friday through Labor Day. There will be shrimp, gumbo, crawfish, and Cajun themed cocktails.
• The Standard Downtown: Sunday Supper is only $20 this Sunday from 5 to 11 p.m., with a three-course menu that includes jalapeno waffles and a pumpkin cheese tart.
• Wine Expo: Sunday-only Sale