Steelers Player Detained After Leaving Restaurant; What Did Jamawn Woods Really Know?
• Hines Ward, a wide receiver with the Steelers who appeared on Dancing with the Stars, was mistakenly held at gun-point and handcuffed by police this morning after leaving a North Hollywood restaurant. His companion had reported her car stolen a few weeks ago, but then found it. We hate it when that happens! [ESPN]
• America's Next Great Restaurant winner Jamawn Woods didn't know that he'd actually won until two weeks ago, because producers taped alternate endings. Which raises the question: How'd he help develop his restaurant concept if he didn't know he'd won? [Star Tribune]
• A compromise of sorts has been reached on Olvera Street, with City Council approving a rent increase, but in stages, to supposedly help long-term businesses stay here. [LAT]
• We know we keep telling you that food prices are soaring, but that's because the news keeps getting worse. Now, the price of raw ingredients is at "near-record" levels. [Bloomberg]
• Dunkin' Brands Group — the company that owns Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin Robbins — is preparing an IPO. [USAT]