Everybody now! "On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, one pastrami and sauerkraut taco..." Okay, it doesn't really work as a song. However, it sounds pretty friggin' radical as a temporary restaurant concept, as Komida announces its "Twelve Days of Tacos," stretching from December 8th-23rd.
Chef Brock Kleweno is making some of the craziest tacos in town, with a different (very different) taco recipe every day priced at four bucks each. The insane holiday-themed recipes include such oddball scenarios as a haricot vert casserole taco, spiced sweet potato taco, smoked gouda and mac tacos, fruit cake tacos, and one filled with agave glazed ham and blood orange, with pineapple salsa. Kleweno is clearly taco town's maddest scientist right now, following 2009's major assault of cultural hybrids that saw everything from kalbi to Irish cabbage taking the spotlight between two corn tortillas. See Komida's full twelve-day schedule of tacos below, "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer" taco and all.
Komida's "12 Days of Tacos"
Roast Turkey with Pinot Noir/five-spice cranberry sauce (12/8)
• Brioche Stuffing with Kleweno Family Farm Sausage (12/9)
• Grandma's Green Bean Casserole with/ haricot vert, roast garlic bechamel, crispy shallots (12/12)
• Spiced Sweet Potato with brûléed homemade marshmallow (12/13)
• Agave glazed ham with blood orange and pineapple salsa (12/14)
• Caramelized onion Yukon gold smashed potato with mom's lumpy gravy (12/15)
• Smoked Gouda Mac and Cheese with buttered bacon breadcrumbs (12/16)
• Shiitake scalloped potato with Grafton cheddar crisps (12/19)
• Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer with/ grilled venison loin and ginger cherry salsa (12/20)
• 'Fruit Cake' with Figgy Pudding Sauce (12/21)
• Gingerbread cookie with yuzu icing (12/22)
• Pastrami and sauerkraut with Asian 1000 island and rye seed tortillas (12/23)